Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Life Updates (and other things)

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

life
it's been so long since i last write a monthly recap post, that i don't know where to start. basically, senior year has been super hectic. i didn't have much time to study and sleep, let alone to blog. in addition to that, since it's last year of high school, there had been many activities that i had to participate so i'm often dead tired by the time i got home. but anyway, now that senior year is over, i proudly say that I'M BACK. not really sure what i'm going to post (beside reviews) since it's been so long, but i'm still excited nevertheless. earlier today i just updated some parts of my blog (sidebar + about page, which is long overdue), and it motivated me to blog again. i'm planning to write more lifestyle posts, especially about travelling, but don't worry, it's still mainly about books. i'm also thinking of changing my blog's theme, perhaps? let's just see since i got 3+ months of holiday before college starts!

instagram
while i'm in blogging slump, i have to say that i'm more active in bookstagram. i used to think that taking books picture is tiring, but it's actually fun! i may or may not slightly obsessed with it ๐Ÿ˜‰ around 2 months ago i change my instagram's theme, and i'm pretty in love with it. here's some pictures :


go follow my instagram, will you? *nudge nudge* *shameless promo*

books
this year i've read 13 books so far, which is GREAT because i didn't think i could read that many. all of them are good, with 3 stars for the lowest rating (or am i getting easily impressed?). my last 3 books even got 5 stars from me. here's a full list of what i read this year :


how are you all? have you read some good books lately? got a new pet? talk to me about anything! also leave a link to your blog so i could check it out ๐Ÿ’™

8 comments:

  1. I found my way into the Red Queen triology, I really loved the first two books, but I'll wait to read Kings Cage until there's a copy available which matches the size of the other two.
    And I just finished Ready Player One by Ernest Cline which was just awesome, I hadn't expect that.

    And here you go with the link to my little blog: http://passionandpages.blogspot.com/

    Greets, Ella :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Red Queen, but Glass Sword bore me that I'd to stop reading xD Maybe I was reading at the wrong time! And I've heard amazing things about Ready Player One, I have to read that!

      Delete
  2. been seeing six of crows in local bookstores lately and my friend apparently likes it so i'm def going to read it. in fact, it's in my to-read list :D

    as i'm currently involved in this year's reading challenge, i've read 3 YA books so far and they're the body electric by beth revis, a thousand pieces of you by claudia gray and linger by maggie stiefvater. i love the body electric and linger (the 2nd book from stiefvater's "the wolves of mercy falls" series). a thousand pieces of you was...okay but nothing that made me go wow this book is amazing. i also read other books like the bone clocks by david mitchell, the ballroom by anna hope, the wonders by paddy o'reilly (which is a 2/5 thing for me) and the beauchamp's family #2 serpent's kiss. as of now, i'm currently reading the strange and beautiful sorrows of ava lavender which reminds me of the curious case of benjamin button.

    p.s: not sure if my previous comment got accepted so apologies for double comment ^^;;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Six of Crows is awesome! You definitely should read that series :D Also I've been meaning to read other Maggie Stiefvater's books, and so glad you love Linger! Anyway, hope you enjoy your current read, it sounds great <3

      Delete
  3. Congrats for graduation! I hope you're prepared for the most dreadful question for the next year, where is your uni? :D glad you loved Geekerella, I liked it, but not so much to give it 5 stars :D

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tasya! I've already got accepted to a uni so that won't be a problem xD

      Delete

The Bookish Thought © 2014